Advanced, hybrid technology intumescent coatings
- Able to apply 2-3mm in one-coat application, resulting in far greater productivity onsite for the main contractor and subcontractor.
- Some products can be applied in very high humidity and tolerate water on the surface in just an hour after application.
- Some products have low VOC.
- Some products can be applied offsite and onsite as they are not affected by ponding or pooling.
- Some products are very easy to repair if damaged during construction.
- Some products can be applied over SA 2.5 blasted steel with tight surface rust for indoor application only.
- Exterior exposure requires SA 2.5 with approved epoxy zinc or galvanising.
- Most products can be overcoated with a top coat.
- Some products don’t give high end glass type finish.
- Can be more expensive than thin film, water-based products.
- Generally better suited to 90 to 120 minute FRLs.
still can't find what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for please let us know.
We aim for this website to be a comprehensive source of knowledge for intumescent coatings professionals or anyone with an interest in the subject.
We'll let you know via email when your request has been answered.